Wednesday, November 12, 2008


Last Tuesday I had the privilege of being part of one of the largest masses of people gathered in Chicago history, eager to watch this country elect our next president, Barack Obama.  

In the crowd of over 65,000 who made it into the park, and then in the sea of hundreds of thousands more who took to the streets, I felt an overwhelming sense of community and common cause that I hadn't felt since I was a child.  

I am proud of this country.  I am hopeful of what this country can do in the coming years.  I am amazed and awe struck at how peaceful and non-riotous this mass was.  It was a remarkable event, hopefully ushering in a remarkable time in our country's history. 

I hope you enjoy these images.  There are more on my flickr page here: 
http://flickr.com/photos/53797079@N00/sets/72157608683348777/

More soon.  

May whatever deity you choose to follow bless our distressed and divided nation.   

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home